It is a kind of bryophytes mosses that regroups between 1 510 and 3 500 species through the world of which most known, the sphagnum of Chile, of Madagascar and New Zeland.
The assets of the Sphagnum of Madagascar :
- Growing in the madagascan marshes, its growth only lasts one year thanks to a favorable climate.
- It has been accredited by quality tests by the SADEF laboratory, under COFRAC accreditation. it conforms to NF-U44 norm -551.
- water pH : 4.8
- Water retention capacity : 1600%
- It is therefore an excellent thermal insulator thanks to its retention of water (can contain until 20 times its weight), it even captures odors. It is also a perfect acoustic insulator, with no problem of volatility of the fibers.
- Its lightness makes it ideal for innovative uses such as vertical displays.
- The sphagnum of Madagascar is excellent value for money. It is less expensive than some competitors because the price of the labour in Madagascar is a lot lower.
- The packaging is very good quality. The mesh modules contain between 3kg and 4kg of sphagnum of high quality and durability. The mesh modules are bought in Europe and of excellent quality, then assembled in Madagascar.
Its use :
Used alone or mixed with earth or compost to improve aeration and enhanced humidity management, sphagnum moss has a wide range of uses.
- Living walls and roofs
- Natural fences
- Vertical gardens
- Hydroponic crops
- Vegetable growing
- Mushroom growing
- Gardens and suspensions
- Cutting beds
- Bulb packaging
- Beds for preserving fruit and vegetables
- And many more ...
Our manufacturing processes integrate an ecoresponsible :
- The first step : The heather is cut, dried some days, then packaged in bundles. This will clean the underbrush, creating jobs and allows the plant to regrow, to preserve the environnement. Moreover, this activity is preventive against forest fires.
- The second step : This work is made entirely by hand on looms. The heather is then woven very tight and regular a with excellent finish. The panels at this stage are either more than 10cm or 4.5 cm thick.
- The third step : The panels are placed on wooden pallets, compacted in a press to reduce the volume and transportation costs, and to flatten the panels to make them completely opaque. Finally the product is ringed with high resistance straps and then stored away until the final sale.
Its use :
Installing a heather fence can be achieved by everybody provided you respect certain parameters.
A good installation will permit a better quality and a better stability the finished product. Several types of installation exist, that will give a different aspect of the fence according to the configuration of the land, the desires and the budget.
In order to be able to survive, these plants must be exposed to light so that the process of photosynthesis is made correctly.
Furthermore, these materials are not switable for some elements, they are not resistant to high temperatures (such as fire).